REFERENCE NO: 239
POSITION: Postdoc Research position in
Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens.
SUBJECT: Processing of publicly
available microarray data of the plant model Arabidopsis thaliana
for the creation of the Arabidopsis Coexpression Tool (ACT) web
SALARY: The estimated monthly salary
will be €1,526.98 (gross).
TIME DURATION: The estimated contract
duration is 11 months and the estimated start date of the contract
is the 15/02/2018.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: The place of
employment is the Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of
Efessiou 4, Athens, Greece
ELIGIBILITY: The candidates must be
Greek citizens or citizens of the Member States of the European
Union and they must have the following qualifications:
- Essential qualifications
- B.Sc. or B.Eng.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Informatics, Biology, Molecular
Biology or Biochemistry
- Desirable qualifications
- Experience in web development on Apache server, using PHP
- Publications in international scientific journals
- Knowledge of English language
- Knowledge of R programming language
- Experience in microarray data analysis
For more information, please contact
Dr. Ioannis Michalopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +30 2106597127
- Michalopoulos I, Pavlopoulos GA, Malatras A, Karelas A, Kostadima MA,
Schneider R, Kossida S (2012) Human gene correlation analysis (HGCA): a
tool for the identification of transcriptionally co-expressed genes. BMC Res Notes 5:265
- Jen CH, Manfield IW, Michalopoulos I, Pinney JW, Willats WG, Gilmartin
PM, Westhead DR (2006) The Arabidopsis co-expression tool (ACT): a
WWW-based tool and database for microarray-based gene expression
analysis. Plant J 46:336-348
- Manfield IW, Jen CH, Pinney JW, Michalopoulos I, Bradford JR,
Gilmartin PM, Westhead DR (2006) Arabidopsis Co-expression Tool (ACT):
web server tools for microarray-based gene expression analysis.
Nucleic Acids Res 34:W504-509